Marshall Construction has started on a new multi-million-pound development constructing 6 Warehouses for Chivas Brothers at their Balgray site (near Beith)
The Project involves:
- Cut and fill operations
- Formation of platforms
- Ground improvement (lime stabilisation)
- Construction of 6 warehouse units over three separate buildings; one 3-cell building, one 2-cell building and a single cell building. Warehouses will be of steel double pitch portal frame construction. Compartmentation is provided by concrete block fire separation walls. The buildings will be constructed from traditional concrete strip and pad footings and will have a concrete floor slab with perimeter concrete upstand bund throughout. Cladding to the roof is proprietary profiled insulated metal sheeting and walls are proprietary fire rated profiled insulated metal sheeting.
- Installation of underground drainage, sprinkler mains and servicing infrastructure connected to the clients existing system.
- Construction of associated concrete roads and concrete hardstanding’s with a tie-in to the Clients existing infrastructure.
- Installation of a new security system including CCTV cameras
Robert Marshall, Chairman, Marshall Construction, commented:
“Beginning construction is an exciting time and we look forward to continuing our work with Chivas Brothers and Charles Scott and Partners on this new project.”
“Our team has already made an excellent start on site, and we look forward to delivering another high quality warehouse development for Chivas Brothers that will not only prove an asset to this site but helps
meet the growing demand from the whisky sector.”