Marshall Construction recently completed the £800,000 second phase of the refurbishment to Murray Library, Anstuther. The works consisted of the complete refurbishment of the interior of the main library building and the conversion of the old snooker hall extension to the north of the building. Externally we re-slated sections of the roof, new lead work, flats roofs and refurbished the external windows.
The snooker hall was transformed into seven individual business units that are now being utilised by the creative industries. The main library was refurbished and has become a back packers Hostel accommodation overlooking Anstruther harbour.
The Murray Library was established in 1908 and it was originally set up to provide a library and reading rooms, with educational and recreational facilities for the local community.